Effect QA Requirements
|Device||Package size||Image size||Image pixel size|
|iOS||<= 5 MB||< 1024 KB||<= 1024 by 1024|
|Android||<= 5 MB||< 1024 KB||<= 1024 by 1024|
Even though an effect may pass QA, some effects may not work for lower-end devices (specifically Android devices). These effects will trigger the warning message “This effect doesn’t work with this device” to appear since they incorporate more technically demanding features like full body avatar, openGL ES, etc. Many effects are unable to be used by some Android phones due to their devices not supporting the WebGL used in Effect House. Community Effects work on most newer iOS and Android devices and do not currently work on devices equal to or lower than the following models: Samsung Galaxy J3, LG Leon H324, Huawei Honor 4X, and Cubot J3.
Features and Capabilities
Generally, the performance of your effect may be substandard when you add more algorithms to the effect. We highly suggest cleaning up your projects and removing any unused assets and features.
Try to combine similar effects into one component. For example, combine all stretch effects into one face stretch instead of separating them in several face stretch objects.
Body Avatar Drive
Body Avatar Drive has a very high impact on performance. We highly suggest not combining Body Avatar Drive with other features. Doing so will cause low FPS and which may subsequently fail QA.
Segmentation has an impact on performance. We highly suggest not combining Segmentation with too many other algorithms like Face Inset and Head Tracker. Doing so will cause lower FPS and may subsequently fail QA.
The more Face Inset entities you add in the scene, the lower the performance will be for the effect. We recommend setting the Face Inset Quality to 256 x 256 if there are more than four Face Inset objects.
We currently support no more than 3 lights in the scene. The performance may suffer the more lighting you add.
Learn about 3D assets preparation.
- Use triangle polygons and quad polygons for your models.
- Total triangles in the entire effect should be less than 100,000 for optimal performance. For each model, the tool is limited to 50k triangles per FBX, but we recommend keeping each FBX mesh under 30k for best chances at high performance.
- 50 maximum joints per FBX. You can have multiple FBX files in one effect and the joint limit is only local to each FBX.
- 4 maximum joint influences.
- Suggested resolution is 512 x 512 pixels (maximum is 1024 x 1024 pixels).
- The maximum file size for each PNG is 1 MB.
- Try to use the Compression component to optimize imported 2D assets.
- The suggested FPS for texture sequence is 12. Higher file sizes and lower performance can occur with higher sequence FPS.
- Avoid using too many 2D layers in the scene, suggest combining 2D textures into one if it is possible.