v0.7.0 (September 15, 2021)
✨ New Features ✨
- Dock/Undock support for the Preview panel.
- Image compression
- Select between three compression types (Automatic, Manual, or None).
- Mesh & material preview
- The Inspector panel will display a preview when selecting the asset.
- Asset panel
- The Asset panel will now highlight recently imported assets.
- Face stretch
- The Face stretch object will allow you to manipulate face keypoints and create your own stretch effects. See Face Stretch to learn more.
- Subgraph additions
- Added a new navigation window.
- Added support for import/export.
- Scene node deletion will now show a warning beforehand.
- 3D face mask, a new template, has been added.
- Improvements in the tool resizing and responsive layout behavior.
- Subtle UI color changes to improve visibility.
- Asset panel
- Rendered Target (RT) assets cannot be duplicated.
- Built-in meshes, such as cube, sphere, plane, head, are no longer displayed in the Asset panel.
- Since we upgraded the Makeup feature, previous projects using Makeup assets will no longer be compatible.
- Thumbnails not created using our template will be rejected.
v0.6.0 (September 15, 2021)
✨ New Features ✨
- Effect submission
- Added 15 new optional hints when submitting effects.
- Editor effect preview
- Added Screen Tap, Screen Hold, and Screen Pan to allow you to use your mouse and trackpad in the editor to preview three simulated device inputs.
- Added built-in materials Simple Skybox, a default cubemap will be created with it automatically.
- Added PNG Import limitation, 1024 x 1024, <= 1Mb.
- Added new asset type, cubemap.
- Added segmentation texture, and a GreenScreenForeground material which will be created along with it.
- Body segmentation
- Provides an effect that separates the body from the background. You can now place background textures or objects behind the users.
Graphics & rendering
- Auto sorting and Sorting order for Model & all other rendering components.
- Render order for Camera components.
- The mini-map gives an overview of the content in your graph panel. It can be useful when you need to know your location on the panel where there are many nodes.
- Viewport navigation
- Mini-map button: Toggles the mini-map on/off.
- Mini-map: Drag the box within the mini-map to change your view of the graph panel.
- Home Button: Scales and centers the whole graph.
- Subgraph feature
- Right click on a group of nodes to group them and better organize your graph.
- New nodes
- OnStart: Triggers once the effect starts.
- OnUpdate: Triggers once per frame.
- Small UI/UX improvements (improved way to find your recent projects, etc.).
- Inspector & Hierarchy Panels
- Small UI/UX improvements (additional options in the contextual menu, better visibility control, color picker with hexadecimal support, etc.).
Note: If you open a project created with an older version of Effect House, these components will automatically be renamed.
- Editor component rename
- Animator -> Animation
- MeshRenderer & SkinMeshRenderer -> Model
- Light component
- Integrated Directional, Point, and Spot light types into the Light Type property of Light component, so creators can switch between these three types.
- Renamed Shadow property of the Light component to Cast shadow.
- Camera component properties rename
- Viewport Rect -> Viewport
- OrthoScale -> Ortho height
- Render target -> Render texture
- When using body segmentation for the first time, you may experience a flash. This will not affect the function of the feature.
- There are some issues when generating the QR code when you use Preview in TikTok.
- Auto-crop hasn’t been integrated into the Effect House tool when uploading the thumbnail. Please follow the instructions in the Thumbnail creation guide for more details.
v0.5.0 (August 19, 2021)
✨ New Features ✨
- Effect House requires a valid TikTok account to login. The editor will initially take you to the official website to confirm your account credentials, you will then be redirected back to the Effect House homepage.
- The homepage allows you to create a new effect project or manage an existing one. You can also browse our template library.
- Editor Effect Preview
- Visualize and test your effect directly within the editor. You can click the screen to simulate taps, select various input videos to simulate different scenarios. You can also customize the overlay to enable/disable the TikTok UI, change the phone resolution, record a video and more!
- TikTok Effect Preview
- By clicking the “Preview in TikTok” button, you will generate a QR code that can be scanned within TikTok to try your effect within the app directly. To scan the QR code, go to the discovery page in TikTok and press the “scan” icon.
- Effect Submission
- From the editor, you can select an icon thumbnail and optional prompt and submit your effect to the Effect House website where you can manage it.
- Hierarchy Panel (scene hierarchy)
- The left handside panel shows a hierarchal view of your scene entities and components. You can quickly manipulate elements around as well copy/delete/hide them.
- Asset Panel
- The bottom-left handside panel allows you to bring your own 3D models and textures as well as creating new assets using one of our numerous built-in assets.
- Scene Editor
- Manipulation: move, rotate, scale, local (hotkeys available too!)
- Reset view
- Info: triangles, blendshapes, joints
- Visual Scripting
- The visual scripting graph allows you to build interactive experiences without writing a line of code. For example, you can connect user behaviors such as hand or face gestures with your own custom logic.
- 3D Asset workflow (FBX importer)
- Animator component (animation controller)
- Image asset importing (PNG)
- Built-in materials (occluder, standard PBR, unlit, matcap, simple lighting)
- Built-in meshes (cube, plane, sphere, head)
- Head Tracking
- 3D Face Shape
Graphics & Rendering
- Camera component
- Mesh renderer component
- Lights and shadows
- Effect House will notify you if a new version is available. You will be prompted with the latest release notes and the upgrade can be done automatically.
- Support Ticket
- We encourage you to provide feedback by filing a support ticket directly within Effect House. When doing so, you can optionally attach screenshots, videos and more. In case the application crashes, you will also be prompted with an optional feedback form.
- Effect Submission
- If your effect thumbnail size exceeds 40KB, the effect submission will fail. Please double check your thumbnail size before submitting.
- If you have unused textures in the asset panel, your exported effect will include them by default, causing your package size to be unnecessarily larger. If you hit the package size limit, please delete those unused textures, save and reopen the project, then try resubmitting your effect.
- Effect Preview (In-Tool)
- The preview panel (right side) should automatically reflect your changes in real time; if that’s not the case, try clicking the “refresh” button.